It can be frustrating when you believe in the power of social media to help your nonprofit but someone above you doesn’t share your enthusiasm. Let’s go over some key points in favor of this new form of marketing:
Successful organizations change over time.
- 100 years ago, UPS delivered packages on bicycles.
- It embraced the automobile and later the airplane.
- Over time it achieved what was once unthinkable with overnight and global delivery.
It’s easy to forget how much the way we do business has changed.
- In less than 20 years we went from typewriters to computers to mobile devices.
- In less time we went from sending documents by courier to faxes to attachments.
- Try working without a computer, a cell phone, or the Internet for a day.